Most recent items first:
- 2014-12-31 2014’s Most Popular Articles
- 2014-12-26 Why I (No Longer) Avoid BitLocker
- 2014-12-20 Five Resolutions for the Holidays and New Year
- 2014-12-19 How Do I Remove a Website from My Computer?
- 2014-12-13 ‘Tis the Season … to Unsubscribe!
- 2014-12-12 Do I Need Everything Installed by Microsoft Update?
- 2014-12-06 Why SSL?
- 2014-11-29 My initial reactions to Windows 10 backup
- 2014-11-28 Searching precisely
- 2014-11-22 Another story of data loss, and what could have been
- 2014-11-21 What Should I Get with a New Computer?
- 2014-11-20 What Brand of Computer Should I Get?
- 2014-11-19 What Kind of Computer Should I Get?
- 2014-11-15 An Abundance of Cloud Storage
- 2014-11-14 How Do Gmail Labels Relate to Folders?
- 2014-11-13 How Do I Stop Outlook.com from Putting Legitimate Messages in the Junk Mail Folder?
- 2014-11-08 Why Is Chrome Automatically Filling in Forms?
- 2014-11-07 Why Does Email Disappear from My Phone?
- 2014-11-06 8 Reasons Email is Wonderful
- 2014-11-05 Internet Explorer crashes, how do I fix it?
- 2014-11-01 The return of the podcast – kind of
- 2014-10-30 Does Having a Publicly Visible Wi-Fi Password Add Security Compared to an Open Wi-Fi Hotspot?
- 2014-10-27 External Hard Disk Not Recognized? A Story of Data Loss.
- 2014-10-26 How Do I Make an Outlook PST File Smaller?
- 2014-10-24 Should I back up to DVDs?
- 2014-10-11 The Best Ways to Back Up Gmail
- 2014-10-11 My Flood of Auto-Responses
- 2014-10-05 Ignored by Online Services? Remember, You Are Not the Customer
- 2014-10-02 Three Reasons Programs Use All Available Memory in Your Computer
- 2014-09-27 Amazement and Wonder? Really?
- 2014-09-27 Change Your Hotmail or Outlook.com Email Address With An Alias
- 2014-09-21 How Fragile Things Can Seem
- 2014-09-14 Why do things that aren’t broken keep changing?
- 2014-09-14 What Are Tracking Cookies, and Should They Concern Me?
- 2014-09-09 How do I get the old msn.com homepage back?
- 2014-09-06 Why Spammers Love ZIP Files and How You Need to Stay Safe
- 2014-09-01 Saved! – Backing Up With Windows 7 Backup – Errata
- 2014-08-30 Using File History
- 2014-08-30 Scheduling Backups
- 2014-08-30 Restoring Individual Files from a System Image
- 2014-08-30 Restoring a System Image
- 2014-08-30 Hey! The World Didn’t End!
- 2014-08-30 Is Excel 2003 a Security Threat?
- 2014-08-30 Creating a System Image
- 2014-08-29 How to Monitor Network Activity and Speed up Your Machine’s Connection
- 2014-08-24 Get Better, Faster Answers by Reading What’s in Front of You
- 2014-08-23 Why won’t some files defrag?
- 2014-08-23 How Do I Change My Gmail Password?
- 2014-08-14 What happens when applications die?
- 2014-08-14 How should I store scans of old photographs?
- 2014-08-06 Is USB Safe?
- 2014-08-03 How Do I Recover My Hacked Facebook Account?
- 2014-07-30 How Do I Boot from CD/DVD?
- 2014-07-30 Are We at Risk of Losing our Digital Information Over Time?
- 2014-07-26 Creating a Rescue Drive
- 2014-07-25 Windows 8 Backup: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
- 2014-07-25 Why Was My Email Bounced for Sending Too Much Spam?
- 2014-07-23 Why Do You Regularly Reinstall Your System?
- 2014-07-21 I Got a Call from Microsoft and Allowed Them Access to My Computer. What Do I Do Now?
- 2014-07-19 Why Don’t Companies Answer My Email?
- 2014-07-19 How do I Choose a Good Domain Name?
- 2014-07-18 Who do I contact for legal help?
- 2014-07-16 Saved! Backing Up With Windows 8 Backup – Owners Page
- 2014-07-12 Is LastPass Still Secure?
- 2014-07-04 About that Facebook test…
- 2014-07-03 What’s an “Automatic (Delayed start)” Service?
- 2014-07-03 How Do I Disable Remembered Passwords in My Browser?
- 2014-06-27 What’s the Technology Behind Ask Leo!?
- 2014-06-22 You Speak, I Listen
- 2014-06-20 Do privacy apps really keep me private?
- 2014-06-19 Why Am I Getting Email for Another Person in Another Country?
- 2014-06-15 500 and change
- 2014-06-11 How Do I Schedule a Nightly Reboot in Windows 8.1? (with video)
- 2014-06-07 How Do I Get a .mobi Ebook onto My Kindle?
- 2014-06-06 How Do I Download and Read a PDF eBook?
- 2014-06-06 Do We Really Need to “Get Used” to Things?
- 2014-06-05 Why Am I Getting Email with the Right Email Address but the Wrong Name?
- 2014-06-05 How do I replace my system hard drive without installation media?
- 2014-06-04 Can my school see my emails and messages?
- 2014-06-04 My machine has no optical drive. What if I need one?
- 2014-06-04 Why am I getting Amazon notifications for someone else?
- 2014-06-03 What do I do if my system asks for a installation disk and I don’t have one?
- 2014-06-01 How Can I Manage a Lot of Scanned Documents?
- 2014-06-01 Will My Old CRT Work with a New Computer?
- 2014-06-01 Why Won’t My Computer Return from Standby?
- 2014-06-01 Why Am I Still Getting Updates for Windows XP?
- 2014-06-01 Do I even need a computer?
- 2014-05-31 How do I change the Windows 8 lock screen background? (with Video)
- 2014-05-29 How Do I Change the Windows 7 Login Screen Background? (with video)
- 2014-05-23 What makes a site secure?
- 2014-05-23 Is anti-virus dead?
- 2014-05-23 What’s a Dynamic Disk?
- 2014-05-22 Can I Make My C: Partition Bigger by Taking Space from D:?
- 2014-05-17 How Do I Force My Email Account to Close on Another Device?
- 2014-05-17 Why Do Some Web Pages Never Finish Loading?
- 2014-05-17 Why Do I Need Another Email Address to Access My Account?
- 2014-05-17 Giving Away Our Privacy
- 2014-05-16 Just What Is Port 80?
- 2014-05-16 How can I find out what program keeps popping up in my taskbar and disappearing before I can click on it?
- 2014-05-16 Should I Worry about Heartbleed Affecting My Router?
- 2014-05-10 What’s this new anti-spam policy about, and how will it affect me?
- 2014-05-10 Are Offers for Continued XP Support and Security Legitimate or Worthwhile?
- 2014-05-10 Does Downloading Use the Same Amount of Bandwidth as Just Watching a YouTube Video?
- 2014-05-10 What Repair Discs Do I Need?
- 2014-05-09 Is there Any Reason to Use a VPN at Home?
- 2014-05-09 Should I backup to an SD Card?
- 2014-05-09 How I Deal With Inexplicable Change
- 2014-05-04 Why Does My Account Keep Sending Out Spam?
- 2014-05-04 Can We No Longer View Websites without Getting Pop-ups?
- 2014-05-04 Do I Need More than One Browser? Why?
- 2014-05-04 Who’s responsible for monitoring misleading advertising?
- 2014-05-03 Can spyware see what you did before the spyware was installed?
- 2014-05-01 I got two identical spam messages from two friends. Which of us has been hacked?
- 2014-05-01 Is There Room in the World for New Software Engineers?
- 2014-04-27 I Don’t Claim to be a Journalist
- 2014-04-27 How do I keep my browser from being hijacked?
- 2014-04-25 Is it worth upgrading to get Windows XP Mode?
- 2014-04-25 I’m Using Someone Else’s Internet Connection – Am I at Risk?
- 2014-04-25 Will Backing Up My Computer Back Up My Email?
- 2014-04-25 How do I protect the files on a portable hard drive?
- 2014-04-24 How Do I Get the Required Windows 8.1 Update?
- 2014-04-24 How do I learn more about computers?
- 2014-04-18 Can I Delete Old Updates?
- 2014-04-18 Is Moore’s Law over?
- 2014-04-18 Is there software that allows someone to track my emails and texts?
- 2014-04-18 What does NTLDR is missing mean?
- 2014-04-18 What’s the Best Way to Upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7?
- 2014-04-17 Why Do I Need to Change Passwords After HeartBleed?
- 2014-04-16 Maintaining Windows XP – Errata
- 2014-04-13 How Do I Control What Sites My Child Can Visit?
- 2014-04-13 Is Microsoft Security Essentials supported on XP or not?
- 2014-04-12 How do I Repair My System if the Registry Can’t Be Loaded?
- 2014-04-11 Why I Don’t Do Negative Reviews
- 2014-04-10 Someone Is Signing Me Up for Newsletters I Don’t Want — What Can I Do?
- 2014-04-10 How do I tell who really sent an email?
- 2014-04-09 Why Are Touch Screen Monitors so Much More Vivid?
- 2014-04-09 If we login to a site securely will our other activities be secure?
- 2014-04-07 Why Would a Website’s Automatic Sign-in Suddenly Stop Working?
- 2014-04-04 How Do I Copy Email from Outlook to Gmail?
- 2014-04-04 Is It Safe to Stay Logged in to My Password Vault?
- 2014-04-03 Can’t We Just Spam the Spammers to Death?
- 2014-04-03 How Do I Get a Recipient’s Email Address and Name to Show in the To: Line?
- 2014-04-03 Why do you prefer Macrium Reflect over Windows 7’s backup program?
- 2014-03-30 Why would scanning a disk be quick, but just a file on it be slow?
- 2014-03-30 Is the Internet Directly Responsible for Our Economic Problems?
- 2014-03-30 How do I safely switch from one security tool to another?
- 2014-03-30 Does my Windows upgrade disc require that I have the previous operating system installed?
- 2014-03-30 Will it be safe to exchange emails with XP users after support ends?
- 2014-03-30 Is there Software that Will Allow Me to Keep All the Software on My Machine Up to Date?
- 2014-03-27 My new toy
- 2014-03-26 I’ve Lost the Password to My Windows Administrator Account. How Do I Get it Back?
- 2014-03-21 Will April 9, 2014 be a Very Bad Day for Windows XP Users?
- 2014-03-20 Can Windows XP even run without a network?
- 2014-03-20 Can I Delete What My Anti-malware Program Puts in Quarantine?
- 2014-03-20 Will Preventing XP from Reaching the Internet Keep Me Safe?
- 2014-03-20 Why is my machine so slow after a recovery from malware?
- 2014-03-20 Why am I suddenly getting spam in my inbox?
- 2014-03-16 Is It Safe to Download from Download Sites?
- 2014-03-16 I Know Less than You Think I Do
- 2014-03-16 Why Aren’t My Friends Getting My Email?
- 2014-03-15 Why Does Windows File Explorer Right-click Take so Long?
- 2014-03-15 Would deleting Facebook help clear up a malware infection?
- 2014-03-15 Should I Defrag TrueCrypt?
- 2014-03-15 Where Did these Oddly-named Folders Come From, and How Do I Get Rid of Them?
- 2014-03-10 Can I ignore Windows 8.1 and stick with Windows 8?
- 2014-03-06 What Email Program Should I Use After Outlook 2003?
- 2014-03-06 Why does software only seem to get bigger?
- 2014-03-06 Why Do I Always Have to Sign Out Other Sessions in Gmail?
- 2014-03-06 Is Running Windows XP in a Virtual Machine as Risky as Running XP Natively?
- 2014-03-04 What’s the Difference Between Memory and Hard Disk Space?
- 2014-03-02 How do I log into Windows automatically?
- 2014-03-02 Is Windows 8 a Disaster?
- 2014-03-01 How do I get Office if I’m on dial-up?
- 2014-03-01 Is My ISP’s Router Safe to Use?
- 2014-03-01 How do I reinstall software if I don’t have the installation discs or download files?
- 2014-03-01 Can I Isolate Windows XP in a Virtual Machine to Stay Safe?
- 2014-03-01 Is It Safe to Let Websites Remember Me?
- 2014-03-01 What Does Signing into My Microsoft Account Really Mean in Windows?
- 2014-02-24 How Should I Use My SSD and HD Together?
- 2014-02-24 Can Malware Authors Hijack My Anti-malware Software?
- 2014-02-24 Why can’t I get software on CDs or DVDs?
- 2014-02-23 What to Do About Windows XP
- 2014-02-21 How Do I Stay Protected Using an Administrator Account?
- 2014-02-21 How Do I Make a Change to Chrome that Sticks?
- 2014-02-21 Why am I getting unexpected adult audio on my church computer?
- 2014-02-16 The Problem with Online Reviews
- 2014-02-15 Why Does Email I Send to a Large Contact List Bounce so Often?
- 2014-02-15 Is an external hard drive better for backing up than DVDs?
- 2014-02-15 Is it OK to not click on the show images button in email?
- 2014-02-14 What about all those cash machines running Windows XP?
- 2014-02-14 How Do I Access Email Stored in Outlook Express on Windows 8?
- 2014-02-09 Windows XP Must Die! Long Live Windows XP!
- 2014-02-07 Should I take the security protection offered after the most recent security breach?
- 2014-02-07 Could a Hacked Computer Record My Skype Video Calls?
- 2014-02-07 What Do I Do About a Blue Screen on Shutdown?
- 2014-02-07 Could I just keep using XP for storing pictures and playing games?
- 2014-02-07 Why is only one core on my multi-core processor being maxed out?
- 2014-02-07 How do I migrate to a new machine?
- 2014-02-03 Auto-play Is Evil
- 2014-02-02 I Don’t Have Installation Media for Windows. What If I Need It?
- 2014-01-31 Can my backup programs restore my settings to a new machine?
- 2014-01-31 Does deleting things really delete things?
- 2014-01-31 How can I get my lost Hotmail emails back?
- 2014-01-30 Can I Just Keep Making Incremental Backups After I’ve Made a Full-image Backup?
- 2014-01-30 Should I Cover My Webcam When Not in Use?
- 2014-01-30 Can My Company See My Personal Email?
- 2014-01-26 How Do I Stop All this Spam?
- 2014-01-26 Technical Support is Hard
- 2014-01-24 Why Am I Getting Empty Form Submissions from My Website?
- 2014-01-24 Can my image backup of Windows XP be used on my Windows 8 computer?
- 2014-01-24 Did My Boot Defragmenter Tool Actually Fix My Boot Problems?
- 2014-01-24 Is requiring a Facebook or Google Account fair?
- 2014-01-22 I have an important MS DOS program that won’t run in Win 7 – what do I do?
- 2014-01-21 How Do I Get My Windows Machines to Network with each Other?
- 2014-01-20 Net Neutrality
- 2014-01-19 How Do I Deal with One Email Account on Two Machines?
- 2014-01-18 Can I trust this site or utility?
- 2014-01-18 How do I protect my Windows XP after they stop sending updates?
- 2014-01-18 Is application-provided encryption secure?
- 2014-01-18 How Do I Get Printer Drivers for Linux?
- 2014-01-18 Does What’s on My Desktop Affect My Computer’s Speed?
- 2014-01-18 Will Macrium Reflect Free keep working in XP?
- 2014-01-16 Windows 7 File History
- 2014-01-16 Testing System Images Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Testing the Repair Disc Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Restoring Files from System Images Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Restoring Files from File Backups Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Automating Periodic Backups Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Restoring a System Image Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Creating a System Repair Disc Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Creating an Image Backup Using Windows 7 Backup
- 2014-01-16 Saved! Backing Up With Windows 7 Backup – Owners Page
- 2014-01-13 Changes for the New Year
- 2014-01-12 How can I track what programs come and go on my machine?
- 2014-01-09 Can I get malware from a picture?
- 2014-01-09 Is the internet just full of scams?
- 2014-01-09 Why do people I don’t know email me?
- 2014-01-09 How Do I Erase Traces of a File I Moved to an External Disk?
- 2014-01-08 If External Hard Drives Can Fail, Should I Bother with One?
- 2014-01-08 Why do Youtube videos start and stop when they didn’t used to?
- 2014-01-02 Pulling Fence Posts Using the Internet
- 2014-01-01 2013’s Ten Most Popular Posts