- Why would my pagefile usage spike while the machine is idle?
- Why would “diagcrypt.exe” be attempting to access the internet from my machine?
- Winamp is looking for DRMClien.DLL that isn’t found. How do I fix it?
- Notepad.exe disappeared from my machine, where can I get a copy?
- My system and window icons are wrong or garbled … what happened?
Become a Patron of Ask Leo! and go ad-free!
Why would my pagefile usage spike while the machine is
idle? My first thought is the content indexing service – it will run
during idle time to build its indexes. Once you start to use your machine
again, it may take a second or two to wrap up, which will seems like a slight
hesitation in what you're doing. Check out the article Why, when I'm doing nothing at all, will my
hard disk suddenly start thrashing? for some tips on identifying the
Winamp is looking for DRMClien.DLL that isn't found. How do I
fix it? DRM is "Digital Rights Management", which this DLL
manages. While it is on your XP CD, it may not have been installed by
default. I would try two things: first, run the System File Checker, in case a simple repair
will replace it. Second, believe it or not, I would install Windows Media Player. While you might not use it, it also
relies heavily on DRM, and should cause the correct components to be
Notepad.exe disappeared from my machine, where can I get a
copy? The System File Checker
should fix you right up.
My system and window icons are wrong or garbled … what
happened? This can happen on Windows 95, 98 and Me. Annoyances.org has an article that addresses this