« Back to Glossary Index
- 7 Steps to a Secure RouterYour router is your first line of defense against malicious attacks from the internet. But do you have a secure router? I'll review the important settings.
- Is there Any Reason to Use a VPN at Home?If you are secured behind your own router in your own home, a VPN service is probably not necessary ... though there are a few scenarios where you may want to consider it.
- Four Important Rules to Safely Use Cloud Storage as Cloud BackupCloud service providers often give us lots of storage that we can use for cloud backup. How to use it safely, however, isn't always obvious.
- Does a Login Page on an Open Wi-Fi Hotspot Mean it's a Secure Connection?If you connect without a password to an open Wi-Fi hotspot and can see anything at all, it's not a secure connection.
- Back Up Smartphone Photos Using DropboxSmartphones are a popular way to take snapshots and videos. Tools like Dropbox are great for making sure those are backed up, automatically.